Friday, November 19, 2010

Mindless Comfort

There is a constant stream of people going in and out of Roger's room day and night, all of them poking and prodding, measuring things, checking dials, flipping switches and asking personal questions.  But we were able to get two nearly undisturbed hours last night to sit quietly together and watch television.  It was like home and felt like bliss.  We watched Project Runway.  We don't need to be challenged every minute of every day.  Mindless entertainment is a comfort. 

Roger has a DVD player in his room and we can rent anything from Netflix or from a nearby video store.  What do you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I keep trying to post and either my computer shuts down (last night) or it keeps signing me in as my daughter (today), so whatever I was going to say must be complete malarkey. Suffice it to say I think of you and wish you both all of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just watched "Get Him to the Greek" very funny and crude! "Mini's First Time" with Alec Baldwin is a little dark comedy with great LA settings. Have you seen the BBC series "Doc Martin" that takes place in Cornwall? For nature programs, you can't beat the "Wild China" series. I know I'll think of other things. We're watching all the Inspector Morse from the start, but we're not smart enough for British detective shows. We watch and pretend we know what's going on :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for Roger if you would care to.