Thursday, November 11, 2010

Moving Day

Today we’re getting settled into our little apartment cleaning all the surfaces like they’ve never been cleaned before, stocking up on a few groceries and getting oriented to the neighborhood.

We need to be sure our internet connections are functional, that we’ve got access to an office supply and other stores that we’ll need, that we have our family and friends telephone numbers handy, and that we know our way to and from the hospital.  For the next six weeks I’ll spend most of my waking hours at the hospital with Roger.  I’ll return to this little place at night (the operative word being little).

I just need a place to shower and sleep.  After Roger is discharged, we’ll need to stay on in Salt Lake City for three months.  I’m not sure this little space will be sufficient then.  I’ve got six weeks to make it livable or find another place.  In the mean time, I’ll focus on the positive things about this place to guard against getting depressed. 

I like the easy access to a Whole Foods store, a Barnes and Noble with its familiar and comfortable in-store Starbucks and this pretty walking path along Mill Creek just outside our door.

We’ll relax tonight.  Tomorrow’s schedule presents a full day of meetings with the transplant team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for Roger if you would care to.