Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Fresh Start



I made a little progress on paperwork today.  Roger had not opened the mail since October.  He didn't have the energy for it.  I had no idea that bills weren't getting paid or I would have done it.  I'm sure he kept putting it off, thinking he would feel well enough to tackle it before too much time had passed.  By the time we came back from the hospital in Salt Lake, he was far too ill and I was far too busy to think about it.  So...it's time for a fresh start and a new filing system so I can keep track of things.  The stack of paper on the dining room table is slightly smaller tonight.  And, the work will continue...  I still haven't received a death certificate, so much business is on hold.

While we're on the topic of fresh starts, I painted a small accent wall in the living room.  Robin's Egg Blue.  I'm not sure I like the color.  It's brighter than the taupe we had before; it will take some getting used to.   But it's what I need, the same comfortable old home, but with a clean, fresh start. 

1 comment:

  1. Ms. C. take a deep breath. This is a process. It will take awhile. You need some time just to be.... I think the dog gets your attention first because she is hurting as much as you are hurting. She needs to take you on a few walks and show you the secrets she and Roger shared....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for Roger if you would care to.