Tuesday, January 22, 2013

No Service


I guess I should have mentioned this before, I just wasn't thinking.  That's hard to believe, I know. 

There will be no memorial service.  Roger and I talked about it and this was his decision.  Our friends and family are spread all around the country.  It would be difficult and costly for many or most of you to travel to Missoula for a brief service.  As much as he loved drama, Roger didn't want to create inconvenience, unnecessary expense or guilt - certainly not guilt - for anyone.

Whereever you are, take a moment, raise a glass and make a toast to Roger.  That would put a smile on his face.

2 comments:

  1. How about this. Any chance we have to meet, we will. Eachtime we do, we will toast. I am sure you might escape Montana and head over here for a bit. or who knows we might make it there. I think it is important for friends to gather and to tell the stories and remember the good times. It does not have to happen now or even in 6 months. It can happen eventually. Just a thought from a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea. Instead of thinking of it as one big service,think of it as many small services. We will all remember Roger when we meet, have sweet and funny and fun stories to tell with him as the central character. There are many remembrances, and too much love to fit into a single service.

      Delete

Please leave a message for Roger if you would care to.