Friday, January 25, 2013

R Merrill Creative Direction: Not in Service

 
I am in the process of closing down Roger's business.  You can't believe the number of backup DVDs, external hard drives, computers and paper files that Roger kept.  If I ever had to lay my hands on a specific file, it's doubtful I would be able to.  A single file would be one fish in a very large sea of data.  Many of the files are labeled "specialized" or some other generic file name. It's like having everything you own labeled "miscellaneous."  Thank you, Roger!  It has all gone into storage just the same.  Recycle bins and shredding bins are full to overflowing with paper files.

I am also trying to get in touch with his colleagues and clients.  The "causes" that Roger worked for: education, cancer, the ACLU, the democratic headquarters, and others...many others... have expressed effusive thanks to Roger for the and extremely talented work he did for them.  Some of  Roger's clients, affliates, and organizations that he did volunteer work for are still not aware that he has passed away. So, sadly, I find myself telling the story of his passing over and over again.

Going through Roger's paperwork to identify accounts payable and accounts recievable, I find the payables far outweigh the receivables.  I guess that's to be expected.

The work continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for Roger if you would care to.