Monday, January 28, 2013

Overwhelmed

Taylor and her sweet little French Bulldog "Cho" left yesterday.  Today was my official first full day alone. 

I wonder, of all the thousands of generations of men and women who have lost family members since the beginning of time,  how can we, as a society, remain ignorant of how to deal with grief?  Maybe there are no "tips and tricks" that can be passed from one generation to the next.  Maybe it can only be learned first-hand.

I set this day aside for paperwork and got nothing done on that score.  Many business processes on my "to-be-done" list require a death certificate and I haven't recieved one yet.  As of this morning, Roger's doctor had not yet signed it.  If I weren't so exhausted, I would be outraged.  So instead of working on insurance, credit cards and bills, I spent the day organizing, sorting and crying over Roger's photos, journals, and artwork.  Why did I only get to have Roger for 20 years?  It was too short!  Too short!

I know this all seems too grim to blog about.  It's just the truth.  I can't get around it; I have to go through it.  But I don't blame you one bit if you decide to stop reading the Bone Marrow Boogie.

8 comments:

  1. We're still here Candi. I am so sorry you are going through this. I love you.
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our hearts are heavy knowing how much you are suffering. All your friends wish there was a way to ease the pain of this enormous loss-- just know you are constantly in our thoughts and are never alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey, I am so sorry. Hop in the car and come to Seattle. Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that we are all so different in the way we grieve that tips and tricks are just not always helpful. I hope you know we are all here for you, we love you and we will be there in a minute if you want us. I don't want to bombard you or overwhelm....but I am ready to be in the car the minute you say yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never want to stop reading your blog!! My love and prayers are with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot...love Jill. I always have to do anonymous. I can never get the other way. I have to get a new google password. Forgot it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for Roger if you would care to.