Monday, January 21, 2013

I thought I was ready



Roger battled leukemia for 8 years, almost to the day.  So I had some advance notice to ponder widowhood.  I thought I was as ready as I could be, but I was wrong.  There is no way to anticipate this.  There is no way to prepare.  I told Taylor today, "it's like moving into a new house and not knowing where the light switches are -- but on a much, much larger scale."


June 5

Blow out the lamp & the moths quit
fluttering against the glass
before the wick stops glowing.  That other
sound?  Words flapping at the dim pane
of the mind long into darkness.
                                               --Samuel Green


5 comments:

  1. I think we all think we are ready for what is coming but there is no way to prepare. We read books, we listen to other wise people, we watch and observe others go through the process. I think there are many stages of life we think we have figured out. I am sure you have a bunch of people around you waiting to do what ever they can for you. Let them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Candi, our hearts are breaking knowing that you are going through this grief. You both endured so much for so long, and with such grace. Just know your friends and family will be will be with you every step of the way. Roger wants you to be OK, and you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My love and prayers are with you. I'm sorry about your loss. Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Candi. I have no words to heal your pain. Roger loved you so and I know that love will be with you always. Love Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won't be in that house alone. I hug you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for Roger if you would care to.